Skip to content

UDP Pre-Trip Approval

This form applies to all Urban Design and Planning faculty, staff or students in travel status conducting UW businesses traveling outside the state of Washington, Idaho, and Oregon regardless of the source of funding. After completing the fields, route the form to your supervisor and the Department Chair for approval. Keep one copy for your records and email a copy to

UDP Pre-Trip Approval Form


Find more information about UW’s travel requirements.

UW Travel Approvals Guidance


International Travel Registry

Students traveling abroad for learning, fieldwork or research are required by UW policy to register their travel. Students on programs offered through UW Study Abroad are registered as part of their enrollment and no further actions are required.

Employees (faculty, other academic personnel, staff) on official travel abroad are strongly encouraged to register their travel.

UW Global Travel